I2 Online: Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS) for Researchers
Session Information and Free Registration
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2PM ET to 4PM ET (2 hours)
In partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Internet2 is pleased to invite you to join this virtual session designed to introduce Higher Education researchers to AWS cloud computing.
During the session, you will be introduced to cloud computing, AWS’s infrastructure (such as AWS Regions and Availability Zones), and AWS security.
Also, you'll learn how to transfer and share data – enabling you to work more efficiently with researchers around the globe. The session will include a demonstration of how to deploy Jupyter Notebooks and RStudio on AWS.
- Introduction to Internet2 and AWS research engagements (and value of NET+ AWS to researcher)
- Overview of AWS and common services
- Overview of security and the AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Regulated data transfer and management:
- How to transfer data from your institution to AWS
- How to transfer data from AWS to your institution
- How to share data on AWS
- How to transfer data from other sources (i.e., dbGaP) to AWS
- How to deploy and use Jupyter Notebooks on AWS
- How to deploy and use RStudio on AWS
Speakers: Danyell Wilt, Sr. Solutions Architect, AWS; Sara Jeanes, Internet2