Strategic Note: Highlights of Community Infrastructure Planning Sessions at Global Summit
Together with community leaders, Internet2 is gearing up for the 2018 Global Summit in San Diego where a set of important and exciting discussions will help lead community infrastructure planning into the future.
Cloud Services Program Update, March 2018
The Internet2 Cloud Services program has delivered material value to higher education through six years of community collaboration—the key element of the program. Internet2 remains committed to the continuing success of the community-driven program, and to making the program even more sustainable and effective.
Need access to Microsoft Azure Express Route or AWS Direct Connect? Use the Internet2 Network and Cloud Connect!
Join others in the community already using their regional’s infrastructure in conjunction with the Internet2 Network to reach cloud resources, including Microsoft Azure Express Route and Amazon AWS Direct Connect.
2017 Accomplishments Report Documents Community Trust and Identity Efforts
The Internet2 and InCommon trust and identity community reached some key goals during 2017, thanks to the work of dozens of community members participating in working groups, governance and advisory committees, and software and service development.
Internet2 Names James Werle as Executive Director of U.S. UCAN Program
James Werle has become executive director of Internet2's U.S. UCAN program. Werle will work with regional networking partners, community anchor institutions, and Internet2 membership organizations to bring advanced networking, trust and identity services, and advanced applications to learning communities nationwide.
Don’t miss other recent news:
- Novel Technologies Reveal Key Information About Depleted East Pacific Green Sea Turtles (UC San Diego & NOAA)
- How Immersive Technology is Changing the Way CSU Students Learn (California State)
- Researchers Receive $6.5 Million NIH Grant to Use Big Data to Tackle Psoriasis (Case Western)
- RENU Identity Federation joins eduGAIN
- Higher Ed IT Experts Point to Security Breaches as 'Inevitable (EDUCAUSE Report)
- New Research Collaboratory Aims to Harness the Power of Data to Improve Health (Penn State)
- Undergraduate Student Uncovers Genes Associated With Aggressive Form of Brain Cancer (Clemson)
- Myth Busting: Five Commonly Held Misconceptions About RA21 (and One Rumor Confirmed) (InCommon/Duke)
- First-of-its-kind Higher Education Joint Cyber Security Operations Center Launches (Indiana, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers, and University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
- NOAA Science Report Highlights 2017 Research Accomplishments
- Project Connecting Hyades Supercomputer Cluster with NERSC Recognized with CENIC Innovations Award (CENIC, University of California Santa Cruz, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Calit2)
- NASA-Cornell Collaboration Will Study Desert Dust's Impact on Climate From Space
- Frederick National Laboratory and Georgetown Launch Research and Education Collaboration
- David Patterson, Pioneer of Modern Computer Architecture, Receives Turing Award (Berkeley)
- Data-driven Optimization to Improve Mobile Healthcare in Disadvantaged Communities (NSF, University of Texas, University of Houston)
Don’t settle for highlights. Read ALL the Community News on internet2.edu!
The Value of InCommon and the Baseline Expectations Program
What is InCommon’s value to the research and education community? Why is the InCommon community adopting Baseline Expectations, which include several requirements for federation participation? Steve Fleagle from the University of Iowa provides a succinct viewpoint from the CIO’s office.
Campuses Collaborating on DevOps Deployment Guide, Banner Identity Onboarding
The 10 campuses comprising the TIER Campus Success Program will collaborate on five key areas to provide guidance for organizations adopting the TIER IAM suite software components. These include integrating TIER with the Banner ERP, moving to the DevOps approach being used for the TIER software components, and enhancing the Grouper Deployment Guide.
2018 Global Summit Gathers International R&E Community
The international R&E Community will convene at the 2018 Internet2 Global Summit for another exciting program, focused on solutions that benefit the entire R&E ecosystem worldwide. Sessions of special interest revolve around the most pressing topics of the day, including cybersecurity, research engagement, trust and identity.
Don’t miss these other recent posts:
- Updates on Cybersecurity Events, Working Groups, and Programs
- Google Cloud Platform Now Available to Internet2 Community in Early Phases of Cloud Service Validation
- 5 Ways to Help Address the #1 IT Issue in 2018: Information Security
- Report from Togo: WACREN2018 Conference
Get ALL the latest blog posts anytime on internet2.edu!
OF NOTE: During the month of April, Internet2 will be migrating from eDial and Blue Jeans Network to Zoom for both internal and community facing voice and video collaborations. As many people from across the community participate in Internet2 calls, we wanted to make you aware of this pending change. You can expect meeting urls and PINs to change along with some client software, but the general experience of participating in an Internet2 collaboration will be similar.
To manage your Internet2 email preferences, please visit the Email Preferences Center.
Don’t receive the Trust and Identity newsletter or Cloud Highlights? Consider signing up.